Thursday, May 2, 2013

Oddities

I created a series of three ATCs for a swap titled "Oddities", not knowing when I signed up that Oddities is a T.V. show....clearly I don't watch much television. What a cool idea....I really really wanna open up my own creepy antique store now. I think I'd be just as good at it, though I dunno about dealing with creepy customers like straight-jacket guy in episode one....and if the guy with the mummified cat had made it meooooowwwwl one more time, I woulda kicked him.

Oddities: In order of Creation...that sounds kinda religious....?





I have a tendency to want to put something on the card in the upper left-hand corner...it's kinda my trademark, though I don't always stick to it. Sometimes I just don't wanna put a hole in the card lol

These were just basic collages, nothing really hand-drawn or massively altered- unless you count the use of antique-ing gold paint to age some stuff like the tags and edges. The dried flower came from my neighbor's bushes....they drop petals all over the sidewalk on the way to the mailboxes...it's beautiful and almost reminds me of cherry blossoms (though those sadly do not grow well in Houston...). She has roses too....I'm jealous. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment