Thursday, May 2, 2013

Kawaii and Circus/Carnival

I was on a textured paper rampage earlier this week- My preferred method of artistry is collage or altered images (though I do also paint- it's just difficult to do with four pets running around!) but I also really enjoy layered paper effects- as in, creating images out of blank paper cutouts (not die cuts)- you'll see what I mean below. :)

This is a card I did for a swap I hosted "Kawaii ATC":


Nothing drawn on, just cut out pieces of textured paper and layered them to create an image. (And I stuck a little good luck medallion on there cuz it's cute...I do not know what the Kanji stands for, but it said "good luck coin" on the package. Who knows...maybe it says fried chicken.

And I also put together some scrapbook embellishments with cardstock and fiber paper, inspired by some jolee's stuff I saw online. (Wish I could afford those darn things!!)

"Send me this Smashing Theme: Circus/Carnival":



Look look, I wrapped them up and they almost look store bought lol....I love paper crafting! Gosh darn stupid flags were a pain in the butt, and the lion's eyes are crooked, but oh well! He's got character :P (Crybaby reference...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment