Thursday, May 2, 2013

Introduction!

So, it occurs to me that, on an art swap site, it might be good to have photos of my work online somewhere. I'm new to this blog thing, so forgive me if I can't format worth a damn, or my entries are choppy and un-organized.

Most of what I post here will be from Swap-bot.com, but I may post other art works as well from time to time- you can get an idea of things I do that don't fit in an envelope! :)

I'll start with posting my most recent creation and go from there! Wish me luck haha

Alice in Wonderland ATC series #1: Alice


This card was inspired by an original vintage drawing from the book, pre-Disney. Each color was trimmed from one of 11 different pieces of textured/patterened paper and arranged into the layout of the original clip art, and then all details were drawn on by hand with a fine tipped drawing pen. Nothing was printed on! This one took me near 3 hours to complete, thanks to not knowing where my exacto knife is and having to use chunky scissors...lol...it was very tedious, but turned out great. ( And I just got this tiny plastic easel to display them on for photos...isn't it cute? :P)

I also realize my deodorant is sideways on the table behind it...and kinda resembles a dildo....wth...degree motion sense! has a whole new meaning now....lmao

No comments:

Post a Comment